Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Am Canadian.

When I was in elementary school, the Canadian athletic company "Roots" came out with a sweatshirt design that was all the rage. To possess a Roots sweatshirt with a beaver on the front was a sign of true coolness. My "coolness" was assured when for Christmas I received a pink Roots sweatshirt from my Grandma. To this day, my pink Roots sweatshirt tops the list of "most favorite clothing I have ever owned." Thus, I was overcome with nostalgia when Clara received a nearly identical Roots shirt from her Canadian Grandma. This week in a true showing of her Canadian heritage, Clara wore the noble beaver with pride and declared to the world (along with Joe) that SHE IS (at least 1/2) CANADIAN!




1 comments:

Gail Doane said...

Thank you for giving this displaced Canadian a chuckle. Miss Clara is completely fabulous in her Roots shirt.

Post a Comment