Lest you think that our vacation was filled entirely with stunning views and mugging for the camera, we wanted to share some of the more puzzling aspects of our trip with you. Because we don't have any recordings of the peculiar accent endemic to this area, we must instead opt for some of the pictures that made us chuckle, chortle, or even guffaw.
Taking the notion of cleaning the front steps to an entirely new level.
This was actually a fairly common sight in some of the outport communities that we traveled through - I guess that if you're building a house, that's probably the best time to put in a front door, but isn't that the right time to put in front steps, too?
Taking indecision about travel destinations to its logical conclusion.
When Katie told me that Newfoundland was really just a rock in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, I thought that she was speaking metaphorically. This photo illustrates that, no, it really is just a rock, and one that is really hard to sink postholes in to boot.
The other option that the author weighed before writing this was "I'm mad as, hell and, I'm; not going 'to take, it Anymore?"
In case you were wondering how to identify intelligence, the main resident of this house glued some helpful characters to the top of the fence to assist in communicating the subtleties of his message.
This sign answers all of the questions about knitting that I could possibly have asked.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment